July 16th BF4 Demo Info

Discussion in 'Battlefield 4 General Discussion' started by BeestMann, Jul 16, 2013.

1. BeestMann

BeestMann Moderator Staff Member bf4talk clan

So recently, EA and EB Games Australia showcased a live BF4 Demo exclusive to the Australian media and 100 lucky fans. Footage that was shown was the Angry Sea gameplay and the 17 minute demo from earlier this year. However, we did learn a plethora of information from the Q&A done by David Silverman, the Marketing Director at EA of Battlefield.
    Singleplayer:
    • Admitted that the BF3 story could have been more.
    • Campaign will be more character driven and emotional. Confidence in their skills in building multiplayer led them to spend more time into creating a good singleplayer story.
    • NPCs will be more human. Right down to the smallest and simplest details of just watching you walk around etc.
    • Cutscenes are acted out in a soundstage like in movies

Specs:
    • Oculus Rift support is not planned, but is possible in the future
    • PC specs are similar to the specs of BF3. No official specs list has been released.

Multiplayer:
    • Battlelog returns on PC and will integrated into the console games
    • Commander Mode runs in-game and tablet, however the in-game versions will have extra features such as live video feeds etc.
    • Maps can't be totally leveled, however, destruction is going to be more dramatic than BF3's and will be similar to BC2's destruction.
    • They are considering bringing back the ability to destroy MCOMs by having structures and buildings fall on them, like BC2
    • You can cut the power in the indoor parts of the maps and use the darkness and non functional elevators to your advantage
    • Seize of Shanghai, the map shown at the E3 Demo, is a medium size map.
    • The spokesman said that "You won't be disappointed by the number of maps in the game" and that new game modes will shown very soon.
    • He also stated that Operation Metro is the most popular map in BF3, thus indirectly confirming that it'll return in the Second Assault DLC.

Thanks to Josh Whittington (twitter: @Mario__Bones) for live tweeting all this info.
  2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member bf4talk clan

Wow - I was hoping for some awesome footage. With that being said, Gamescon is right around the corner
  3. If PC specs are similar to the specs of BF3. That means I can still Run BF4 in 20-27 FPS :D
  4. Martyn Harvey

Martyn Harvey Recruit

Is this going to be like bad company 2? because I never played that game, I was looking for it in GAME. wasn't there :(
  5. BeestMann

The destruction aspect of BF4 is going to be similar to BF:BC2 however, you won't be able to level entire maps like you could in BF:BC2. As far as everything else goes, the game will be a lot like BF3 which was kind of like BC2. And I do think that they shut down the servers for BC2 anyways.
  6. BeestMann

INFO UPDATE 1: There was additional footage to be shown but the computer broke down so they were unable to show anymore footage. However, there was going to be a "surprise showing" but there is no further word on that.
  7. admin

Wonder if that is going to be re-scheduled? How the hell can one of their computers break down? Backups?

8. BeestMann

They started fixing it and so they did more Q&A. I'm guessing they ran out of time
  9. admin

You would figure that they would have backups of backups for something like that...
  10. Martyn Harvey

Martyn Harvey Recruit

I wonder when the next reveal will be or something because I remember with Battlefield 3 they're were several videos of it, I wish they'd hurry up with the BETA, Once August will come I think we'll see and hear some news about BETA
  11. admin

Gamecon is in August, which is the next "scheduled" event
  12. Martyn Harvey

Martyn Harvey Recruit

Is battlefield confirmed to be there?
  13. admin

DICE are confirmed
  14. BeestMann

DICE will have to put up a really good show in Gamescon. CoD is revealing their MP in the same event. Even though, Battlefield 4 is currently beating CoD in number of pre-orders for both next-gen and current-gen, Gamescon could turn the tide.
  15. PatchRowcester

PatchRowcester Recruit

Bad Company 2 is very much alive. I played this morning.

I do not like the mechanics of BC2 as much as I liked BF3. Player movement was a lot smoother in BF3

I hate how its not possible to strafe run and prone in BC2. It gets me killed a lot of times :p
  16. admin

17. BeestMann

Not being able to prone.. single most annoying thing in BC2
  18. admin

19. PatchRowcester

PatchRowcester Recruit

Yes, I am on Steam. Look for PatchR.

Yeah, the lack of prone and the wonkey movement were the most annoying things about the game for me.

Also, I always found the visuals a little bit washed out. I will post some screenshots. Maybe its just my opinion, because a lot of people, especially on message boards seems to love bashing BF3, and always claim BC2 looks better.

To me, it just doesn't :p
  20. BeestMann

Ya everyone bashes on BF3 stating that it sucks and how 1942 and BC2 was better. Personally, BF3 is a much better game, by visuals and everything... except destruction.
Live Thread addon by sonnb